Cooking is one of the things that I love to do though I do not have any background in cooking. =) Well, I must say that lots of practice can help you become good at it. When I was still teaching back then, I was lucky to be surrounded by colleagues who have the passion in cooking. I must say that they are the kind of people who are experimental. Hahah! But this time, I will only share the Java Rice Recipe which my former colleague and batch mate had taught me. I made some changes though.
It was been such a long time since the last time I prepare this meal. To make sure that my hubby will have a “baon for lunch” tomorrow, we went to the supermarket and bought some of the ingredients. We both enjoyed our dinner. :))
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped into cubes
1 small carrot, diced
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can button mushroom
1 small can green peas (optional — i do not use this)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
5 pcs ham and/or hotdog, diced
1 bowl of cooked rice
2 tbsp turmeric powder
4 tbsp oyster sauce
salt to taste
1. Fry ham and hotdog in the pan. Set aside.
2. Saute garlic and onion as well as the bell pepper. Add whole kernel, diced carrot, green peas and mushroom. Stir fry.
3. Mix the ham and hotdog into the pan.
4. Put the turmeric powder while continuously mixing the vegetables.
5. Add the cooked rice. Mix well until it gets the color of the turmeric powder(yellow).
6. Pour in the oyster sauce and put some salt to taste.
7. Garnish it with onion springs.